|U.S. PATENT 5971861 2001 COPYRIGHTS SUDDENLYLASVEGAS.COM
Rules for Craps
• PLAYERS: Any number can play, the player throwing the dice is called the SHOOTER. The dice are passed around the
circle of players to the left.
• THE GAME: The shooter throws the dice and adds together the two numbers that face upward. If the numbers equal 7
or 11, it is called a NATURAL and he wins the bet. If the numbers equal 2, 3, or 12 it is called CRAPS and he loses his
bet. If the shooter throws a 4,5,6,8,9 or 10 it becomes the Shooter's point and the Shooter continues rolling the dice.
The Shooter wins if his point appears again before he rolls a 7, but he will lose if a 7 appears first.
How to Place Bets
• Pass Line: Described above.
• Don't Pass Line: Reversal of Pass Line. Shooter loses if 7 or 11 on first roll; wins on 2 or 3; on 12 nobody wins. Other
players are betting that Shooter is going to lose; that Shooter will roll a 7 before he rolls his point.
• Come Bet: Any number that comes up after the initial point is called the "Come Point." You win if the come point is made
before a 7 is rolled.
• Don't Come: Lose on a natural 7 or 11, win on Craps, 2 or 3, standoff on 12. Also lose if Come Point is made before 7 is
• Odds: Once Shooter establishes a point you can take the Odds and win additional money, if the point or come point is
made before a 7 is thrown. Numbers 10 and 4 pay 2 to 1, numbers 5, 7 and 9 pay 3 to 2, and numbers 8 and 6 pay 6 to 5.
When you bet on “Don't Come” the Odds on these numbers are the same.
• Place Bets: Once the Shooter makes a point you can make a place Bet on number 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 10. Win if any of these
numbers are thrown before a 7. Numbers 4 and 10 pays 9 to 5, numbers 5 and 9 pays 7 to 5 and numbers 8 and 6 pays
7 to 6.
• Field Bets: One roll bet. Win even money on 3, 4, 9, 10 or 11, 2 to 1 money on 2 or 12. Lose on 5, 6,7or 8.
• Big 6 or 8: Players win even money if Shooter throws a 6 or 8 before a 7.
• Proposition Bets: These are bets on the first roll. A bet on 2, 3 or 12 pays 8 to 1; number 7 pays 5 to 1, 11 pays 15 to 1. A
bet on the hard numbers pay according to stated odds so long as the hard number is thrown before a 7.
• Note :
There are additional betting strategies related to Craps. For additional information read any number of books written
on the game.
|Rules for Craps